Early Care & Education Council
Early Learning and child development play a major role in a child’s future success in school and in life.
The Butler County Early Care & Education Council develops a detailed list of goals to be accomplished to support children in our community. The goals are developed by committees of community partners who take an active role in supporting the early learning of young children and are available to the community at www.lifesteps.net. The goals for 2011-2012 addressed the following priorities:
- Promote the importance of early care and education, especially to families
- Educate the community about the importance of choosing high quality learning environments.
- Support families that are transitioning into early learning programs.
- Develop relationships to support positive transitions into kindergarten
- Participate in a Kindergarten Registration Campaign
- Act as a resource on quality early learning opportunitiess
- Build partnerships to identify gaps in services and address community needs.
As a leading provider of high-quality early education programs, Lifesteps is committed to further advancing professionalism within the field of early education and helping all families provide quality early learning experiences for their children. As part of this commitment, Lifesteps has served as the coordinating agency for the Butler County Early Care & Education Council (ECEC) since 2002.
The Butler County Early Care & Education Council brings together early childhood programs, families, public and private schools, higher education, businesses, and other child-serving organizations to assess what quality early learning opportunities exist in the community and to develop annual goals that encourage quality early learning. The Council also builds partnerships between schools and community-based early learning programs to help families make a smooth transition into kindergarten.
Community partners play a critical role in achieving these goals by providing input and resources for local projects. Click here to view the current membership of the Butler County Early Care & Education Council. For information about how you can get involved through volunteer opportunities or become a member of the council, contact the Coordinator at Lifesteps (724) 283-1010.