Prospective candidates seeking employment at Lifesteps, Inc. are required to produce 3 different criminal history background clearances at the time of their interview. The three clearances, which must all be current include:
1.) Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33) (dated within 57 months)
2.) Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check (Act 34) (dated within past 1 year) -and-
3.) FBI Criminal Background Check (Act 151) (dated within 57 months)
How do I obtain these clearances?
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33)
- The Child Welfare Portal website: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- The cost is $13 and must be purchased using a credit card to “Access Clearance”.
- Start by clicking on “Create a New Account”.
- Choose to have clearance both emailed and physically mailed through post office.
- Write down your Keystone ID and Password so you can access the information in the future.
- Print the processed certificate and then bring it with you to Orientation.
Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- Cost is $22.00 with a credit card.
- Results are typically returned immediately, but may take up to 5 weeks.
- Go to the ePatch website (Credit card required): https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- Click Submit a New Record Check.
- Read and accept the terms, and continue to follow the instructions to submit your background check.
- If no record exists, you can immediately print out your clearance certificate.
- Bring original clearance OR proof of registration with you to orientation.
FBI Criminal Background Check [Act 151 or Act 153 (out of state)]
- Cost is $22.60 (TO BE PAID AT SELECTED FINGERPRINTING LOCATION)
- For FBI ACT 151: Enter the Service Code 1KG756
- For out of state FBI ACT 153: Enter the Service Code 1KG8RJ
- Click “Schedule or Manage Appointment” and complete all sections in registration.
- Print Registration receipt.
- Take receipt to local FBI Print location and have fingerprints scanned electronically ASAP, Fingerprint locations can be obtained from the website. Bring original clearance OR proof of registration with you to orientation.