How You Can Help
Volunteers are the heart of our agency. Their commitment and contributions of time and talent are valued.
As a volunteer at Lifesteps, you can contribute time and talent in program areas and/or through fund raising, community relations efforts and governance. Adults, students, clubs, organizations and businesses all can provide volunteer services to further Lifesteps' mission of helping individuals and families with life’s changing needs.
A variety of volunteer opportunities await you at Lifesteps. Whether your interests lie in working with children, families, adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, or seniors, the volunteer experience can be fulfilling and rewarding. For those who have interest in helping the mission but prefer not to work directly with the children, clients, and consumers Lifesteps serves, other volunteer efforts are available, such as helping with special events, fund raisers, general office work, or grounds keeping.
There are a variety of ways you can volunteer to support Lifesteps. Here are a just a few examples of how you can help.
- Providing assistance in Lifesteps' Early Education Centers as classroom volunteers or through Lifesteps' Foster Grandparents Program
- Providing essential clerical services for various services throughout Lifesteps
- Providing assistance with facility or property grounds keeping
- Program assistance in Lifesteps' Adult Day Health Services program
- Joining one of Lifesteps' Special Event Fundraising Committees
- Supporting Lifesteps' Special Event Fundraisers by volunteering at the event
- Organizing a group to help raise funds for Lifesteps' Family Caring Fund
Volunteer Requirements within Programs
At least 16 years of age to volunteer
Current TB test
Criminal History check and Child Abuse Clearance
Ready to Make a Difference?
Download our Volunteer Form to get started.