Kindergarten Readiness Program
About Summer Kindergarten Readiness Program
The goal of the Summer Kindergarten Readiness Program is to increase access to quality programming prior to kindergarten as well as to make improvements to the learning gap that research shows traditionally occurs over summer months. Participation in summer programs improves skill comprehension and facilitates long-term retention, especially for those children at high risk for school failure. Additionally, such programs offer opportunities for early learning providers to partner with school districts to provide transition information for children and families entering kindergarten.
The Pre-K Counts Kindergarten Readiness Program will:
· Provide certified, experienced teachers with the expertise to teach young children.
· Utilize an appropriate curriculum that is aligned with state and local standards for kindergarten.
· Prepare your child with the academic skills needed for kindergarten success.
· Help you and your child smoothly move to kindergarten.
· Offer a small class size (15 children per one teacher) so that your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teacher.
The Pre-K Counts Kindergarten Readiness Program and Eligibility:
· The program has one session: August 3-14, 2015
· Session runs from 8:30-11:30am.
· Attendance for all 10 days is required.
· Eligible children must be of appropriate age to enter kindergarten in Fall 2015 and must have a family income at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.